Today’s digital world is filled with so many social media platforms. Especially if you think about now compared to the days of Myspace and AIM. And sadly, if you were born after the 90s, you vaguely know what I’m talking about. With so many social media platforms, it’s hard to determine which one your company should be using. Between Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn, it can make your head spin. But if your company is on social media, here’s one thing that is almost a guarantee – your company needs a Facebook Page.
You May Also Like
- UTM Codes for Social Media Analytics - If you’re a social media marketer or using social media to drive traffic to your company’s website, you should be using UTM codes. A UTM...
- Utilizing Blog Content for Social Media - Have you ever wondered what a blog’s purpose is? And whether or not you should be writing one? Well, I’m here to tell you that...
Facebook Fast Facts
It may seem like a no-brainer, right? But you’d be surprised how many companies and major execs are skeptical of everything Facebook offers. So, let’s look at some fast facts to see why Facebook is the golden child of the social media siblings.
- At the end of 2016, Facebook had 1.87 billion monthly active users. The second and third most active social networks included WhatsApp (acquired by Facebook) and Facebook Messenger (also Facebook-owned). Your business can get in front of a lot of people through Facebook, so what’s stopping you?
- In 2016, Facebook videos were shared 4.5x more than YouTube videos. And video interaction on Facebook was 110% higher than YouTube during the last six months of 2016. That’s impressive considering YouTube is, or was, the place for viewing videos. And if video isn’t part of your Facebook strategy, it should be since over 8 billion videos are watched on Facebook every day!
- The average daily time spent on Facebook is 35 minutes. Are you having difficulty getting in front of your audience? Facebook could be the answer!
What Facebook Algorithm Means for Pages
Now here’s the catch 22 with having a Facebook Page – your company has the ability to get in front of a target audience but only if you’re willing to pay. Facebook has drastically changed since 2004. When first launched, it was a social network connecting friends, family members, and colleagues. Then companies started to hop on the Facebook “free advertising” train and started to annoy Facebook users. Now Facebook’s algorithm has made it more difficult for Pages to get in front of Facebook users. Business Pages must now spend more to get in front of their followers. This all started to occur in 2016 when Facebook went back to its core values, with family and friends receiving top priority over business Pages.
You Have to Spend Money to Make Money
Although Facebook’s algorithm makes social media marketing more difficult for businesses, it is still worth the investment. It’s the largest and most active social network. It is incredibly precise when it comes to advertising. And it can be extremely targeted due to its broad database including demographic information. Besides the ability to consistently communicate with your customers, you can also get to know your target audience. Facebook can reach your customers. You just have to be willing to spend the time and the money to make it worth your effort.